It is currently Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:17 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 12:21 am 

I count this my first time really driving the kart, or anything faster than sykart junk.

I'm running a piped kt100 with a old hortsman dxl clutch.

The tires I found out from sharky re probably 10years old lol. Old dunlop sl-4's

Anyhiow, I tihkn i figured a few things out today, btu I had a question on my handling issue. I ended pu getting the kart on 2 wheels in quite a few corners, and she seemed to have quite a bit of flex. Now being im a big guy 6'2" 230lbs and this is a older smaller tube kart, I'm taking a wild guess that maybe im just a bit too big for this old thing. The wheelbase on the kart is onl 46inches width which seems quite small compared to my trackmagic dragon that I am putting together,.

I dont know if this contributes, but these old tires were quite slick, and I noticed I couldnt do anything near what pretty much everyone but the rental karts were doing on the track. Granted I suck at driving these things too.

Another question is seating size and position. I found my sit was leaning to one side making it much harder to take rights as it was leaning left a bit.

Throughout driving the whole day I really even didnt get any pressure on the ribs. I dont know if this is because I was of the seat sizing being too loose which it really isnt around the wasit area, the position the seat is angled, or the fact that the race suit I ordered is a ibt too small and restricts me from leaning too much from one side or the other.

I was also having a issue with my hands cramping up. Frankly it was the biggest factor for me. I bought a larger steering wheel at the end of the day, but I havent tiried it yet. I've been running this skinny stock steering wheel, and I am hoping that is the issue. I've also been using some double layer gloves which could be part of the issue as well. Maybe it has to do with my seating position being wrong so im putting too much weight on the hands? I guess thats why im asking :)

So, all in all it was a geat evening, The only casualty was my ancient digatrons tach sensor. I somehow managed to butcher it. I think the zip tie failed then the sensor got wrapped on the tire and riped in half somewhere along the track. I never did find the other half. I wasn't too concerned as I was concentrating more on the cht and playing with the carb.