All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 5:12 pm 
how about an even schedule like

2 PIR
2 Pacific Raceways
2 Bremertons
and then 2 throw aways 1 @ PIR then 1 @ Pacific Raceways

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:01 pm 

I very much thought last year was a success and that the merger of the Gold Cup Sprint and Rotax groups was a success.  The BAM group did an excellent job of bringing consistency and professionalism to the regional races.  However, in order to keep moving forward in creating a better regional program, we need to reduce the amount of classes run during the weekend.  Ultimately, we need to have fewer classes with more participants to keep the racing challenging and exciting for the racer and less confusing for the newbie’s.

At last year’s Gold Cup conference, I proposed that we drop classes that didn’t average 5 entries per event the prior year.  Classes can be individual brought back in by a vote.  Ultimately, I would hope that there would be some unity among the region as to what classes will be promoted at the clubs and kart shops.  Here are the classes that would be cut this year under my 5-entries rule:

Junior 1 (2-cycle)
Jr. 1 Animal S.S. Light
Jr. 1 Animal SS Heavy
Jr. II Briggs W/F
IKF TAG Jr.
Super stock 125 heavy
Formula 125
Yamaha Heavy
Formula 80 Cadet
Stock Heavy
Formula 80 Junior
Rookie Sportsman

Tag Jr. should be retained as it is likely a growth class.  Is there any way to run the Tag Jr.’s with the Yamaha sportsman, create some sort of weight break and even them up?

I would like to see Jr. II World Formula retained as a growth class, however making the JR. II Animal competitive with the W/F would be an excellent effort at combining classes.

I think we need to keep the Jr. I classes, but perhaps it needs to be Jr. 1 4-cycle one day and Jr. 1 2-cycle the next day.

I would suggest that super stock 125 heavy and light be combined at a medium weight.    I think it should also become a two day event rather than 2 one day events.

Each club should be granted one local option jr. and sr. class.  This would allow clubs showcase growth area classes that may become Gold Cup classes in the future.  

My goal is to have fewer classes with more entries. My theory is that if we create more racing, we create more excitement.  I also think that most people will find that RACING for 5th place is often much more fun than driving for 1st or 2nd.  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:50 am 

Being Marilyn is retiring as Gold Cup coordinator, I think it makes sense to nominate Bill Hettick to take over that position.  I would have been nervous last year as Bill was a bit unproven in that leadership position, but now, one year later, I think that makes sense.  Last year may have worked to be a transition year with Bill learning the ropes from Marilyn.  Are there any other potential nominees who are interested in this position?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:51 am 

I would also like to make the motion that the no clubs schedule on the Centralia race date.  Centralia should not be a points race, but should be treated as a premier event to promote karting in the region.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:49 pm 

basically, go to speedway scoring for the 4-cycle classes.  I like that idea and it would streamline scoring.  The scoring computer can easily be programed to automatically do the line-up for the main.  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 2:06 pm 

I think we need to set a distance rule for the races in Sprint. With tracks like McMinnville where 20 laps is a long time and places like Boise where a 20 lap race is not long enough. I dont know what the distance should be but we need some sort of a distance set like they have for the nationals.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 8:11 am 

Okay
I have been informed that  our current  Sprint and Road Race IKF regional coordinator Marilyn Lehmann and our Road Race Gold Cup Coordinator Tim Doll will be stepping down at the end of this year. This will leave the positions open new nominations. A couple of people are looking run for the position of  Gold Cup and Region 6 Coordinator for 2007
So far the candidates are
Bob Thompson
Bill Heddick
Doug Huggler
no particlular order

If there are any others please let me know and I will post them.
This is a good time for all of our members to look at the candidates and let your club representatives know who would like to be our Reginal coordinator for 2007. The Gold Cups vote will be a recomondation to the IKF National board who ultimately appoints the IKF Govenors and IKF Regional Coordinators in the January IKF BOARD Meeting.
"Per IKF Rule book
103.3 Govenors:
Each state/area has a Governor that is elected by the members of that state/or appointed by the board. The Governor is to provide a communication link between IKF and all the karters in their state/ area.
103.4 Coordinators:Regional Coodinators are appointed by the Board and are responsible to coordinated the scheduling rate dates for the their particlular division within the region. The coordinator will serve as an  interface between the Region and the IKF office. "

OK now for editorial comments
My Preception of The responsiblities of the Coordinator for our region also has the responsiblities to  ensure that regional points are kept and up to date submitted to IKF in a timely manner. Admninsters the Gold Cup points fund for end of the year awards banquet. Also keeps tract of the regional points fund. Determines and procures the year end awards.
Also in my opinion attends all of the regional race events.

Governors procure and adminster the facilities for the year awards and Gold Cup Conference on a rotational basis from Idaho, Oregon, Washington. At this time there isn't there isn't participation from Montana or Wyoming. (Wyoming tends to affifate with region 5)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 3:33 pm 

Here are my thoughts for Gold Cup Sprint rule changes:

Rule 24 To Add: A Gold Cup Class must have averaged 5 entries the previous year.
To Add: Classes may be added by a vote at the NW Gold Cup Conference.
To Add: A local option class may be added by each hosting club.  The class must be announced and presented to the Race Director no less than 30 days prior to the event.
To Add: A Stock 125 medium class be adopted and run a 2 day format.
To Add: TaG Jr. II be added as a Gold Cup Class.
To Add: Jr. 1 and Jr. 1 Animal be combined as one group at appropriate weights. A Speedway Scoring format will be adopted. Run Saturday only?
To Add: A Jr. II World Formula and Jr. II Animal will be combined.  Jr. II Animal will be allowed to run alcohol.  All engines will run the W/F revlimiter/ignition.

Rule 22 Under Race Format To Read: All 4 cycle classes will scored per IKF Speedway (two heats (one inverted) and main.) in which the winner of the main is the class winner for that day.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 4:20 pm 

Quote:
A Jr. II World Formula and Jr. II Animal will be combined.  Jr. II Animal will be allowed to run alcohol. All engines will run the W/F revlimiter/ignition.

Chris are you saying that animals will have to run the World Formula digital ignition?
Or the Animal and the World Formula will may run thier respective digital ignition as per 2007 rule changes.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:02 pm 

This is a tad hairbrained and might be too much of a bastard, but what I was thinking was an effective way of getting and Animal and a W/F close to the same performance.  Letting the animal run alcohol makes up a great deal of the performance difference.  The idea for the W/F rev limiter to be used is to prevent the Animal into becoming an f-200.  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:05 pm 

OK. Let me think about it. Have to see what the rest of the 4 strokers think. May have some merrit.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:13 pm 

May not, but it is fun to float around a little.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:26 pm 

we definatilly nned more laps at boise like to 10lappers and a 15