It is currently Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:59 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: It's been real ...
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:18 pm 

Club: PKA
After five years of karting, from Alan's first day in a kid kart, to my time in a World Formula, to Alan moving up to Jr1 and Ryan into his kid kart, and finally both boys running in Jr1 together, we've had some great times. We've met some really good people, and made life-long friends. We've learned life lessons with bad luck and with the joy that comes from being persistent and working hard. There were times when we questioned why we were doing this, and times where we couldn't think of a better thing to be doing. It's going to be truly difficult to not prep the karts and head to the track for a practice or race. We're all better for having participated in this crazy sport, and will miss is tremendously.

Sometime in the future we may return to kart racing, but for now we'll be grateful for the good times and memories it has provided us. As many have said before, the karting community is like a family. Sometimes it's a bit dysfunctional, but there are so many great people who make it hard to leave. Our thanks go out to all of the people who make it what it is from the kart families to the volunteers.

Thanks PKA :guiness:

Alan Moody #44 WildKart Briggs Jr1 Animal
Ryan Moody #3 Swiss Hutless Briggs Jr1 Animal

Post subject: Re: It's been real ...
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:10 pm 

Kart #: 74
Chassis: Birel
Class: World Formula
Club: PKA
Steve,

I am sad to hear that we won't see you and your family on a regular basis. Your family has been an integral part of our days at the track. I have missed racing against you as well as you have been crew chiefing. It has also been great to watch your boys develop as racers. They have come a long way in the few years I have watched them.

I realize that life changes and no one is at the track forever. I wish you and your family the best in your next endeavors. I do hope that we will see you from time to time and hope to some day see you out at the track again.

Cheers,
Mark

Post subject: Re: It's been real ...
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:47 pm 

We'll miss your family. Hope you may come back in the future.